- About Kaikōura
- see / do
- wine / dine
- How to get here
- contact us
Walk Kaikoura’s hidden coastline & experience a private walking track like no other.
Let us share our beautiful land with you for two days as you discover a coastline with abundant wild life, tussock covered tops and farmland.
Relax at lunch shelters with great views while enjoying a refreshing drink. Tramp through bush filled gullies to views of the Seaward Kaikoura Mountains rising out of the vast Pacific Ocean. A great chance to get into real New Zealand and meet farming families who have lived here for generations. We transport your luggage and provide comfortable upper-end backpacker accommodation.
Go to www.kaikouratrack.co.nz for bookings
The Kaikoura Coast Track offers:
• Every day’s walk has a lunch shelter to relax in and make hot drinks
• Located 40 km south of Kaikoura, easily accessed by car or buses
• Safe car parking
• Up to 10 walkers only each day
• Open October to April inclusive
• Price per person includes cost of transfer of luggage daily
• Walk each day with only a day pack
• Fully equipped kitchens or buy your meals
• Bring sleeping bag and towel, though linen can be hired
• Guide booklet, track very well signposted
• Suitable for most walkers of reasonable fitness.